Coupon Seekers

If you came to my blog to begin or enhance your coupon journey, start with these tips:
• Not a member of Swagbucks? Scroll to the bottom of my blog and sign up! Earn points for searches you would do on the internet anyway and more!
• Print your coupons here! Click the “Print Coupons HERE!” tab. Make sure to come back at the beginning of each month when the coupons are new again! Remember: it takes a few weeks to get going and the goal is always to SAVE more than you SPEND.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Priorities

Have you ever had one of those moments where you had to make a decision about what would make "the list" today and what would just get bumped? 

I had one of those moments today.  Even though I thought when school started back things would calm down and give me a little more time to get things done, I have been running from one appointment to the next for the past three weeks and today was no exception. 

As I was readying the little ones for preschool and gettin the baby fed and changed, I was reviewing my day in my head.  Open house tonight for the older two kids, two different schools but at the same time.  Well, I can't be in two places at once.  Have to pick up a few things at the drug store.  Need to make a grocery shopping list with coupons to complete before the sale ends tomorrow.  Finish laundry that was started late yesterday.  Oldest son has a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, so daughter will have to wait after school until I get back.  So the question creeps up:  Do I really have time to go to Ladies Bible Study this morning?  Well no, honestly, I do not have time to go.  It's the first meeting of the fall session, maybe they won't be doing much except going over the layout, routine, etc. 

I drop the twins off at preschool and start heading down to the church, then pull into a parking lot to make sure I have some cash for the book or if I'll need to run back home to get my checkbook.  Ok, cash is there, time to decide.  The Still, Small Voice speaks to me:  "Go, God will provide." 

No arguing with that.  I'm on my way. 

I arrived a few minutes early and decided to check my phone for any news or messages.  Started out of the car, unpacked the stroller and I over hear someone referring to my business.  Exciting!  She wants to book with me.  As I went into the sanctuary, it was refreshing to be back in the fellowship of other women.  I was able to spend some time with our Children's Minister who has been diligently praying for and checking up on our baby who's been having some medical challenges.  It was nice to see some familiar friends, some I've known for years and some I've just met.  It was also nice to meet some new women who've recently joined our church or who are visiting.  Even though it was the first meeting of the fall session, it was a full lesson.  A refreshed video study, A Woman's Heart:  God's Dwelling Place by Beth Moore.  The audio wasn't working on the overhead screens, so we had to view on a small TV on a cart.  I didn't have the exact amount for the book and there was no change, but our Children's Minister was able to make change for me.  The baby was being loud and wanting to pull everyone's attention to him.  A very sweet lady helped me rock and soothe the baby.  I'm sure it was nice for him to see anyone other than me for even just a few minutes.  Another friend helped soothe a baby, giving the mom a quick break. 

I was truly blessed to be in the house of the Lord today and so touched by the encouragement and support of such godly women.  Now, to carve out time for the daily homework that is part of the workbook study because the Voice has returned, "Do it, God will provide."

When we set our priorities in-line with God's will, He will fill our cup to overflow.  That's not to say there won't be challenges, but that those challenges will be met with a means of fulfillment that can't be matched.   

ChristinaLynn }i{

No comments:

Post a Comment