Coupon Seekers

If you came to my blog to begin or enhance your coupon journey, start with these tips:
• Not a member of Swagbucks? Scroll to the bottom of my blog and sign up! Earn points for searches you would do on the internet anyway and more!
• Print your coupons here! Click the “Print Coupons HERE!” tab. Make sure to come back at the beginning of each month when the coupons are new again! Remember: it takes a few weeks to get going and the goal is always to SAVE more than you SPEND.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

I was listening to today's sermon, one of a series about running the race with passion.  I heard Pastor Chuck say, "Things don't move from disorder to order unless God is involved."  While he was referring to the theory of evolution and how it couldn't possibly be true, God had a different plan for me this morning. 

He brought a verse to memory, although I couldn't remember it exaclty and I couldn't think of the reference.  So, as I was searching through my Bible's concordance and previous sermon notes, God brought me to these verses:
  • James 5:16a - Confess your faults one to another.
  • I John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful & just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I did eventually find the original verse, but it was quite an interesting path.  The verse I was Matthew 5:23-24:  So if you are standing before the altar in the Temple, offering a sacrifice to God, and suddenly remember that a friend has something against you, leave your sacrifice there beside the altar and go and apologize and be reconciled to him, and then come and offer your sacrifice to God. 

You see, I have a friend that believes she has something against me.  Even though what I originally did wasn't wrong, she was hurt by it.  I have apologized for the hurt.  I have asked God's forgiveness for hurting her.  Then, believing I could "clear the air" with all parties involved, I hurt her again.  I was concerned that I would be offering my sacrifice to God with something in my heart and life that would make my sacrifice unacceptable to God.  God continually brought me to verses to show me that I've tried to do everything I can to make the situation right.  

Unfortunately, it does not work like a giant eraser. There are still hurt feelings on both sides.  There is still quite a bit of awkwardness.  It is something we will both have to work through.  And, I know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28

God is good.  All the time!

ChristinaLynn }i{

No comments:

Post a Comment