My first ever blog award - The Honest Scrap Award! Wow, I am completely humbled and really not sure what to say! The good thing is, this award comes with instructions on how to proceed! I'm not sure how I missed this when it came around back in April, but a wonderful woman with a great blog of her own granted this award to me and I will be passing it along. Read here to see Mrs. Claus' original blog post.
Ok, 10 honest things about myself. This may not be easy...
- I am a wife and mother (soon to be 5 children!). I LOVE my kids so much even though they sometimes drive me NUTS!
- They call me a "Stay-at-home mom" but I am rarely ever home and never stay in one place! I prefer the title: Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. (You just have to read this one!)
- My favorite color is purple - almost any shade of purple.
- I have lived within 40 miles of my birth home my entire life. However, someday, I hope to live in the mountains.
- I once won a beauty pageant in my city by default. I was the only one registered in my age group! I went on to the state competition where there were 11 women and 10 winners - I was not one of them. Although, I did win a trophy for Best Personality.
- I am trying desperately to live debt-free in Jesus name!
- I am a coupon fanatic! I found out at the beginning of this year that I could get more groceries with less money by shopping at my local Publix rather than the big warehouse stores. It just takes some planning to cut your grocery bill in half!
- One day, I hope to publish a book. Right now, I am working on a cook book. Feel free to send me your submissions!
- I am super thrilled at every new Facebook friend and every new follower on my blog! It is so exciting to know that people are out there listening to what God puts on my heart to share. There are many, many times where the words are not mine and only His and I can only pray that they touch someone, somewhere.
- I was blessed to have music as a huge part of my life growing up and I am saddened that my children are not exposed to as much musical enrichment as I was. I really believe that God uses music to speak to us and to teach us things in ways we may not otherwise be able to learn.
- Life At 7000 Feet
- 3 Strand Romances
- Frugal Fun and Fortune
- Simple Saving Secrets
- Want What You Have
- My Cup Runneth Over
- A Day in the Life
- Carpool Queen
- Kim's Space
- The Fairhope Foodie