Coupon Seekers

If you came to my blog to begin or enhance your coupon journey, start with these tips:
• Not a member of Swagbucks? Scroll to the bottom of my blog and sign up! Earn points for searches you would do on the internet anyway and more!
• Print your coupons here! Click the “Print Coupons HERE!” tab. Make sure to come back at the beginning of each month when the coupons are new again! Remember: it takes a few weeks to get going and the goal is always to SAVE more than you SPEND.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A 1950's Housewife

(Uh-hmmm, now that I have your attention!)

A segment from the Rachael Ray Show has inspired me to write the next series on this blog.  If you ever read my previous blog, you'll recall the series I did on Proverbs 31 and will see some similarities, but many differences and hopefully a new twist on some not-so-new information.

For some background, the Rachael Ray segment was related to the TV series Mad Men.  I have not seen the shows and really don't know anything about them other than the fact that they are set in the 1960's.  The couples on the Rachael Ray show claimed to be modern-day 1950's housewives and that it makes their life wonderful.  I'm not completely sure how their day-to-day lives differ from most stay-at-home moms, but we will look at one woman's blogs during this series as well as other resources including daily actions you can take to improve your home, marriage and relationships.

Courtney writes the blog I just mentioned, Women Living Well, and although I am starting late, I will begin where she began and incorporate my other resources with it.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

So, let's begin.  The first week is to let you all know that I am participating in this challenge.
Come Link Up to the Summer Marriage Challenge.  Click on the button to find the list of topics. 
I'm not sure how to put the You Tube video in, but you can visit Courtney's blog to see the video there.  If I can figure it out, I'll add it later.  

The next thing I am to do is to tell you about my dating days with my husband.  When he asked me out, I wasn't sure what to think or how to act.  I hadn't been on a date in several years.  We started out going to a Saturday night church service at the church he was attending, then had dinner and saw a movie.  We started all of our future dates with church, but dinner and a movie got expensive, so sometimes we would rent a movie instead.  One of my fondest memories is lying on the couch together watching a movie with the fireplace going (yes, in Florida!  Sometimes we would open the doors to let enough cold air in to keep the room from getting too hot!).  Nowadays, because of "baby weight" I don't think we would both fit lying on the couch together!  Maybe the couch has gotten smaller :)  

To make more of this challenge, I am incorporating the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge. For the next 30 days, you can't say anything negative about your husband...to your husband...or to anyone else, about your husband.  You must also say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your husband...and to someone else, about your husband.  Feel free to share!!

Day One:  Proverbs 31:11-12  Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.  She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.  Is there anything you can do today to instill confidence in your husband?  Are you bringing him good today and all the days of your life?  The challenge today asks that you thank your husband for choosing you and to start the day:  "Give him a 'wake up call' he'll never forget - a big 'I love you' and an 'I'm so glad I'm your wife!'"

ChristinaLynn }i{

No comments:

Post a Comment