Coupon Seekers

If you came to my blog to begin or enhance your coupon journey, start with these tips:
• Not a member of Swagbucks? Scroll to the bottom of my blog and sign up! Earn points for searches you would do on the internet anyway and more!
• Print your coupons here! Click the “Print Coupons HERE!” tab. Make sure to come back at the beginning of each month when the coupons are new again! Remember: it takes a few weeks to get going and the goal is always to SAVE more than you SPEND.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Peace and Rest

As I was getting into bed last night, frustrated, worn-out, depleted, I picked up my devotional - out of a feeling of obligation, not desire. No matter what, God has the right word for me at the right time.

Here's what He provided me, my manna:

"Have you ever noticed that in the quiet darkness of night there seems to be something special about the presence of God? He is always with you, even during the daytime, and you can talk to Him anytime, even when you're busy. But during the day there are many distractions that keep you from focusing on His presence for an extended period of time. And by the end of the day you've often experienced problems and frustration that can cause you to feel lonely and needy. It is then that you can finally give God the time and attention to the one who is the answer to your needs. When you yearn for God in the night, seek Him earnestly, and you'll find He will minister to you in a special way. He will provide answers to any problems you may have, and He will give you peace and rest."
 From the book Ending Your Day Right by Joyce Meyer. Copyright 2004 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

It was a bit like being hit square between the eyes with a 2x4.  Realizing that He did not move.  He was right there, all along.  The entire day was His.  He knew my frustrations and the distractions that arose.  He knew my feelings.  He was waiting for me to seek Him earnestly.  Although peace and rest did not come for many hours, God did and does provide.  He met me where I was and ministered to me as only He can.

Lord, thank You for Your infinite wisdom.  Thank You for continuing to draw me to You.  You know my innermost thoughts and feelings.  You know my needs and supply them at every turn.  You are the all knowing, all present, all powerful Lord and I seek to honor You.

ChristinaLynn }i{

No comments:

Post a Comment