Coupon Seekers

If you came to my blog to begin or enhance your coupon journey, start with these tips:
• Not a member of Swagbucks? Scroll to the bottom of my blog and sign up! Earn points for searches you would do on the internet anyway and more!
• Print your coupons here! Click the “Print Coupons HERE!” tab. Make sure to come back at the beginning of each month when the coupons are new again! Remember: it takes a few weeks to get going and the goal is always to SAVE more than you SPEND.

Monday, July 16, 2012

The "Nonvite"

I was recently involved in a conversation with a friend that left me with some mixed emotions to say the least. If you're anything like me, I'm sure the title of this post caught your attention, maybe even reminded you of a once favored sit-com that shall remain nameless. I must admit, I would have pegged that term as something non-existent in the "real" world. Something simply made up for a laugh. How does the saying go, "There's an ounce of truth in every joke"? As the conversation went on, I was told about a party they were having and further informed that she didn't invite me because it isn't "your kind of thing." Maybe you know the type. An "adult" party where products and items are discussed among women. The types of items that are inappropriate for mixed company and small children. Things that might still make some women blush and many men take notice. I'm sure you know the type. Whether I should or shouldn't have been invited, whether I would or wouldn't have attended, whether or not it's "my type of thing" or not. These thoughts ran wild as did the childish emotions associated with them. And yet, the resounding, still Voice echoes through me, "Be ye transformed." "You are not of this world." "By [your] fruits [they] shall know [you]." Something is different & I rejoice in the truth that others can see Christ shine through this cracked vessel. ChristinaLynn }i{

No comments:

Post a Comment